APOLLO 55000-122APO S65 Heat Detector
The Series 65 Heat Detector monitors temperature by using a dual thermistor network which provides a voltage output proportional to the external air temperature. There are 12 heat detectors in the Series 65 range designed to suit a wide variety of operating conditions.
Apollo Series 65 smoke & heat detector range are a direct replacement for the earlier Series 60 devices. Series 65 detectors have a wide voltagerange (9-33 volt DC) and can be integrated on to security systems when used with the 12 volt relay base (45681-508). The heat detector operates by using a matched pair of thermistors to sense heat. One thermistor is exposed to the ambient temperature, the other is sealed. In normal conditions, the two thermistors register similar temperatures, but, on the development of a fire, the temperature recorded by the exposed thermistor will increase rapidly, resulting in an imbalance of the thermistors and causing the detector to change to the alarm state.
A1R, BR and CR are Rate of Rise detectors, designed to detect a fire as the temperature increases, but they also have a fixed upper limit at which the detector will go into alarm if the rate of temperature increase has been too slow to trigger the detector earlier.
- Can be used for applications where smoke detectors are unsuitable
- Ideal for environments that are dirty or smoky under natural conditions
- Wide operating voltage
- Flashing LED and magnet operated test switch option
- Wide-operating voltage of 933 V DC
- Wide-operating and storage temperature of -20°C to +60°C
- Can be used on security systems
- Electrically and mechanically compatible with Series 60
- Proven detection performance